VK Sasikala, the AIADMK chief, is getting special treatment in Bengaluru’s Parappana Agrahara Central Jail where she has been lodged after being convicted by the Supreme Court in a disproportionate assets case in February.
A report by Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Prisons -D. Roopa has stated that former All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) allegedly paid a bribe of Rs.2 crore to the prison officials, including the Director-General himself, to avail special facilities.The AIADMK boss has even managed to get herself a special kitchen in complete violation of jail rules.
It also said that Karnataka Director General of Prisons (DGP) Satyanarayana Rao was one of the top officials who were paid money.
Roopa has sent the report to additional chief secretary DGP prisons and home secretary too to take a disciplinary action against the guilty.
The letter, apart from the information about Sasikala, also talked about many other illegal events inside the prison.
These are listed as follows:–
- A special kitchen has been set up for Sasikala, which is against the rule of the jail.
- Roopa has also mentioned about stamp paper scam accused Abdul Kareem too getting special facilities. “Earlier, he was on wheelchair and court allowed people for his assistance. But now, when he is fine, why is this continuing? In fact, three or four undertrials are there to serve him, who even gave him hands and feet massage,” the letter stated.
- She also mentioned that she got medical check-up of jail inmates done and in the drug test it has come to light that many convict prisoners are using various types of drug kits in the jail.
- She even exposed that a prisoner in the jail had tried to sexually assault a nurse in the hospital while he was bought for check-up, but no action taken over it.
- Roopa even pointed out that prisoners are harassing doctors to prepare fake report stating they be shifted to hospital citing health reasons.
- She also said that the DGP was trying to interfere with her work. She said a memo was sent by the DGP to her seeking an explanation on why she went to Central Jail on July 10.