At least 50 students of a private school were hospitalised after they complained of uneasiness following inhalation of ammonia gas. The gas leaked from a cold storage nearby, district authorities said.

This regretful incident took place in chhindwara, district of Madhya Pradesh at around 10 AM when the students had gathered at the school ground for the morning assembly.

The school Bharat Bharti Vidya Mandir has located at 50 meters away from the cold storage. After the incident the entire area was panic-streaked.

Near 800 students were present on the school campus when the gas leaked from the adjoining cold storage, located on Narsingpur road, a senior official said. The District Collector, J K Jain ordered an inquiry into the incident.

“50 students were taken to the district hospital after they complained of uneasiness. They were sent home after a medical checkup and being provided medication. We have evacuated the school,” Mr Jain said after visiting the spot along with Superintendent of Police Gaurav Tiwari.

The leakage ammonia gas was caused by the explosion of a cylinder in the cold storage, Jain said.

SP Tiwari said teams of fire brigade and ambulances were rushed to the spot after the incident was reported. The situation is now under control and we are questioning the cold storage owner, he said.

 

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here